Wednesday 28 October 2009

New York, New York


In June this year I was lucky enough to win a Travel Award prize from Uni to go to New York. I chose the destination as I was aware that not only were the art galleries and exhibitions going to be unmissable but just being in the city would be completely influential. There was a 'more than perfect for me' exhibition on at the time at the MOMA called 'Paper: Pressed, stained, slashed, folded,' and as paper is one of my main materials to work with I was spoilt. But then I took a train uptown to Beacon and visited without a doubt my favourite gallery in the world, the Dia:Beacon. As my work was becoming more 3d and I needed to look at other materials this place was sure to give me some inspiration, housing some of the largest sculptures you could ever imagine including Richard Serra, Donald Judd and a personal favourite artist of mine Sol LeWitt.

No comments:

Post a Comment